Franchise agreements have been awarded by Choice Hotels to VRL Hotels' Victor Patel to get new Cambria Hotels developed in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, Tennessee. The agreements will increase the traction of the upscale brand in Tennesse, which already includes the Cambia Hotel Nashville Downtown, which is open, the Cambria Hotel Nashville Airport, which is opening soon, and future property in the West End neighborhood in Nashville. The proposed hotels will be joining other Cambria properties in such leading vacation destinations as Sonoma, California; Ocean City, Maryland; Charleston, South Carolina; Madeira Beach Florida; and Anaheim, California.
According to Choice Hotels' senior vice president of development Mark Shalala, the Cambria Hotel brand has been having robust development activity ahead of the recent downturn and they are continuing to grow despite the very challenging current environment. He also said that they have added five new hotels from coast to coast since June – from Sonoma, California to Madeira Beach Florida – and their developers are still heavily committed to growing the brand, as can be seen by the new franchise agreements in two of Tennesse's most highly sought-after leisure markets. Shalala says they are looking forward to building on their success as the year comes to a close and a new one is started with more excitement for the brand on the horizon.
– Cambria Hotel Gatlinburg: This 140-room hotel in the Gatlinburg area is scheduled to open in 2022. it will be featuring a rooftop restaurant and bar. The proposed hotel is being built in downtown Gatlinburg, the “Gateway to the Smokies,” in Great Smoky Mountains National Park, America's most visited national park. It also belongs to the Appalachian Trail, which offers over 850 miles of trails, horseback riding, biking, fishing, and camping. This future hotel will be located in the very heart of the vibrant mountain resort town, which also includes the state's only ski resort, Ober Gatlinburg, along with the Gatlinburg SkyLift where people are transported 1,800 feet to the peak of Crockett Mountain, and the Gatlinburg Space Needle, where 360-degree views of the Smokies can be enjoyed by visitors. Other area attractions, many within walking distance of the future hotel, include the Rocky Top Sports Complex, Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies, and numerous wineries, breweries, and bourbon distilleries. The future hotel will also only be one block away from the Gatlinburg Convention Center.
– Cambria Hotel Pigeon Forge: This proposed 140-room hotel is scheduled to open in 2024 in Pigeon Forge. The area close to the future hotel not only provides a mountain town atmosphere but is also famous for Dollywood, which is named after Dolly Parton, the country singer. It is one of Tennessee's biggest tourist attractions. It is an Appalachian-themed park that is comprised of rides, a museum of Dolly's memorabilia and costumes, an adjacent water park, and Southern Gospel Music Association's Hall of Fame and Museum. Other major attractions close to the future hotel include the NASCAR Speed Park Smoky Mountains, Titanic Museum Attraction, and the LeConte Center in Pigeon Forge along with many seasonal outdoor events like Winterfest that take place throughout the year.
Cambria hotels offer upscale amenities along with approachable indulgences that are appealing to modern travelers. They include:
Design decor that is locally inspired to reflect the surrounding community's unique personality.
– Multi-purpose outdoor and indoor areas for relaxation or productive work.
– Sophisticated and contemporary guest rooms featuring plush bedding, abundant lighting, and design-forward fixtures.
Spa-style, immersive bathrooms with Bluetooth mirrors included.
– On-site dining that features freshly made food, specialty cocktails, wine, local craft beer, and to-go choices.
– State-of-the-art fitness centers.
– Multi-function event and meeting space.