Those who want to create their own stain art should know that stained glass supplies and materials can be easily found. Here are the materials you need if you decide to produce your own glass items.
• Glass is the basic glass material. You should buy glass that is thin enough to be cut without cracking. Glass is sold in sheets, depending on weight and dimensions. It can offer many different textures such as smooth or wavy.
• Oxides and salts are necessary to create colors when the artwork is fired in the kiln. For green glass, copper should be used, while for red glass it is recommended to use gold oxides. If you want to buy glass casting supplies visit www.artglasssupplies.com/1-jewelry-squares-kiln-casting-mold.
• White glass can help if the resulting colors are too shaded. Blow some white onto the red glass with a blow tube and you'll be able to brighten up the overall look of your design.
• A blow tube is essential when you need to blow some white glass onto your design to lighten it.
• Polishing iron is necessary for cutting glass into different shapes depending on your stained glass project.
• Lead can be found in different shapes to fit glass pieces. Since lead proves to be highly toxic, copper is an ideal alternative.
• Soldering iron is very important when trying to connect copper foil to pieces.
• Frames are very important elements when designing stained glass panels. Wooden frames are not recommended as they are not waterproof. Metal frames are the best frames you can use for stained glass.
• Oil-based cement is necessary to make the frame around the panel watertight.
The stained items created these days are similar to those created in ancient times. But technological advancements have made all things a lot easier.